CG Power Systems, intends to build a Power Transformer facility in Guaiba, Brazil.
ECONOMY - Newspaper
Indian Multinational is planning to establish power transformer plant in the State
CG Power Systems, global manufacturer of electrical equipment, intends to build a Power Transformer facility in Guaiba.
With global operations, CG Power Systems a manufacturer of large electrical equipment has chosen Rio Grande do Sul as their regional home base for Brazil
It is only after 81 days of negotiations that the protocol of intention to build a Power Transformer facility and a HV circuit breakers facility was signed, yesterday, in the Palácio Piratini (Piratini’s Palace). The intention is to start the construction of the facilities in the “Zona Mista of Guaiba”, the area which was set aside some time ago for a major car manufacturer.
Seven (7) Brazilian states were in the running for CG’s the first facility in Brazil, which requires an investments of approx. R$42.5 million Reais and is forecasted to be concluded in eighteen (18) months.
- We were in several Brazilian States, but in Rio Grande do Sul we found the best infrastructure and logistics climate, in addition to a large human capital. We were very impressed with the Rio Grande do Sul development position - explained Marc Schillebeeckx, President of CG Power Americas, in a meeting with the Governor, Tarso Genro.
- Rio Grande do Sul offers us the best conditions and availability of qualified labor – added ad- interim director for Brazil, William Coura, from Minas Gerais, who considered the good references of the Gauchos (people from Rio Grande do Sul) workers, from the time he lived in the State, from 2003 and 2007, as President of the Trafo Equipamentos Eletricos (Trafo Electrical Equipment).
In the first stage, the company will employ 240 people; employment will be staffed up to the required number in four (4) years. From the State of Rio Grande do Sul, the products will be sold to the entire country – 20% of the production will be allocated for export to MercoSur and other countries, such as Africa and the USA. The main customers will be coming from the Utility sector as well as from the Industrial sector.
CG Power Systems Brazil Ltda will provide for an important gap in a segment in which we have already been very strong in the State. – affirmed the Secretary of Development and Promotions of Investments, Mauro Knijnik.
- Origin : India, 1937
- Employees : Eight thousand people world wide
- Units : Belgium, Canada, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, France, Great Britain, Sweden, Curacao, United of Americas States and Brazil.
- Expansion plans in Guaiba : Manufacturing facility of Power Transformers up to 100MVA 230kV and special HV circuit breakers up to 230kV, used in the Transmission and Distribution and Generation sector.
Profile of the professional to be contracted
- Engineers, technicians in engineering, manufacture, quality control and safety, and professionals in the financial, administration, human resources and operational areas.
Marc Schillebeeckx signs the protocol in the Palace besides Tarso and Knijnik