CG Power Solutions UK Limited (formerly Power Technology Solutions Limited) was acquired by CG on 1 April 2010. The Company was formed in 1999 by Duncan Mansfield & Daniel Ferguson, to provide Engineering and Project Management services to the HV Electrical Industry in the UK. Over the following ten years, the range of services was expanded and is now a complete HV & MV solutions business. In recent years it has undertaken a variety of major projects including; Clyde & Griffin Wind Farms- the Company has been awarded contracts by Areva T&D for the installation, commissioning & testing of all 220 package sub stations. The Company has also completed a project in Energy to Waste Industry, undertaking design, engineering and installation; this ground breaking technology is one of only four technologies available in the UK.
As part of CG it has the capability to provide a complete range of services to the Transmission & Distribution sector in the UK, including solutions for the renewables and power generation sectors.
The Business of CG Power Solutions UK forms an integral part of the Power Systems Strategic Business Unit of CG.
The Company has successfully project managed and delivered significant design and build projects for a number of its clients within the transmission and distribution sector of the UK Electricity Industry. Its team has the necessary industry skills and experience to allow it to deliver on the expectations of its clients. Additional Best Practice experience from associated power systems roles within Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, MOD and Nuclear Industries enables any project to be coordinated and systematically controlled to high standards, whether it is a simple undertaking, or a complex, high value multi-discipline scope.
- Provision of highly experienced engineers to undertake the client engineer's role.
- Design evaluation & tender appraisal, including full technical & financial review.
- Complete project management & delivery including site management & CDM.
- Expertise in finalising project scope documentation & provision of project sanction paperwork.
- Undertake Principal Contractor role with full co-ordination of project & site sub-contractor.
- Feasibility studies & equipment specification along with protection single line diagrams.
- Technical reports as required for capital spend approval.
- Plant & equipment layout design including civil & electrical interfaces & earthing.
- Full design of control & protection equipment & relay panels including schematic & wiring, diagrams & general arrangements.Full construction design packages including multi-core cable schedules & termination details.
- Full construction design packages including multi-core cable schedules & termination details.
- System protection studies & settings reports.
- Highly experienced team of mechanical/electrical fitters & panel wiremen.
- Installation of all types of HV electrical equipment including circuit breakers, disconnectors, CTs & VTs, busbars, earthing, cables.
- Full site management & co-ordination of contractors & sub-contractors. Substation small power & lighting fit-out including LVAC & DC systems. Installation of full protection and control systems and refurbishment of existing schemes.
- The Company provides highly experienced commissioning engineers with a comprehensive understanding of the generation, transmission & distribution schemes and equipment required for 6.6, 11, 33, 132, 275 and 400kV power systems.
- The Company has successfully completed test and commissioning works on significant projects within the Regional Electricity Companies (REC), DNO, National Grid and private industry sectors.
- The Company undertakes all operational (SAP) activities up to and including 132kV.
- Other activities include; the issue of safety documentation, switching schedules, system amendment notices, asset registration details, pressure testing and cable spiking and updating site records.
- The Company's operational engineers also undertake duties for project management and client liaison and representation where required.
- Decommissioning a substation can be as onerous as commissioning a substation with Health and Safety concerns. The Company can offer the full range of planning and return of control as required to a DNO including Project management if required.
- Pre - Commissioning of contestable connection equipment i.e. private prepared networks. The Company complete (verb missing!) all pre-com for companies like PNDaly, this may also include preparation of all associated documents for submission to DNOs.
The Company featured in the Sunday Times of UK in the list of 'Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For 2006 (2nd position), 2007 (7th position) & 2008 (20th position). Accompanying this was the 3 star Accreditation awarded by Best Companies, which was achieved in 2006, 2007 & 2008.
The Company has the following certifications : ISO 9001:2008, 14001:1996, Lloyds NERS, Achilles Verify, ROSPA, and ECA
CG Power Solutions UK Limited
Concepts House, 3 Watchgate,
Newby Road Industrial Estate,
Hazel Grove, Stockport,
Tel : + 44 845 634 1133
Fax : + 44 845 634 1132
Website : www.cgglobal.com/uk
For more detailed product information and sales enquiry click here